The Chinese Embassy in Rwanda updates the guide on application of the Chinese visas. Applicants need to read the following carefully before application, prepare the materials required by the applicable visa category, and make an appointment before coming to the Embassy to submit the materials.
1. Visa category and required materials
Issue to those who intend to go to China for commercial, business, education, cultural, sport, scientific exchange purposes etc.
Invitation letter issued by the cooperating, inviting or contracting party in China, and the party’s license
1. Passport with at least six month of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the information page of the passport
For non-Rwandan applicants, a photocopy of the proof of legal stay or residence status in Rwanda is also needed.
2. Visa application form and confirmation page.(Fill out the electronic application at https://cova.mfa.gov.cn, submit online, and print out the downloaded PDF form and sign both in the form and on the confirmation page.)
Issue to those who intend to work in China
Valid Notification Letter of Foreigner’s Work Permit, or Foreigner’s Work Permit
Issue to tourists
Round trip air ticket and hotel order, or invitation letter from Chinese agency (like travel agency) or individual (for individual invitation needs to have the inviter’s ID copy as the supplementary material)
Issue to those who will study in China for more than 180 days
1.JW201/202 form original copy;
2.Admission letter original copy;
Issue to those who will study in China for no more than 180 days
Admission letter original copy
Issue to Z-Visa or X-Visa holders’ family members for reunion purposes who intend to stay in China for more than 180 days(spouses, parents, children under 18 or parents-in-law )
1.A signed invitation letter from the Z-/X-Visa holder;
2、A photocopy of Z-/X-Visa holder’s passport front page and valid residence permit
3. Certification showing the relationship between the applicant and Z-/X-Visa holder (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship or notarized certification of kinship)
Issue to Z-/X-/M-/F-Visa holders’ family members for visit purposes who intend to stay in China for less than 180 days(spouses, parents, children or parents-in-law )
1. A signed invitation letter from the Z-/X-/M-/F-Visa holder;
2. A photocopy of Z-/X-/M-/F-Visa holder’s passport front page and valid residence permit;
3. Certification showing the relationship between the applicant and Z-Visa holder (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship or notarized certification of kinship)
If an adult child or his/her spouse are indeed need of going to China, a signed detailed statement of circumstances of the visit is required in addition to the above-mentioned documents.
Issue to those who are family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with Chinese permanent residence permit， and intend to go to China for family visit or reunion purposes.(“Family members” refer to spouses, parents, parents-in-law, children, spouses of children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren)
1. A signed invitation letter from the Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China(the invitation letter need to state the relationship).
2. Photocopy of the inviter’s Chinese ID card (applicable to inviters who are Chinese citizens. For HongKong, Macau and Taiwan resident inviters, please contact the Embassy for the required document);
photocopy of passport front page and permanent residence permit (applicable to inviters who are non-Chinese).
3 Certification showing the relationship between the applicant and the inviting Chinese or foreign citizen.
Issue to those who intend to transit in China to a third country
Issue to those who are high-level talents
Confirmation Letter for High Level Talents
Issue to crew members
A guarantee letter issued by a foreign transport company
For Hong Kong visas and visas for other purposes, please directly contact the Embassy( email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +250-252570842 with extension 123 or 171).
2. Guide on appointment
Applicants need to make an appointment after getting the above-mentioned materials ready. Please use the online appointment system（https://avas.cs.mfa.gov.cn） to choose the prefered date and time, and bring the materials and appointment confirmation page to the Embassy for application.
Diplomatic passport or service passport bearer applicants do not need to make an appointment.
The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China
in the Republic of Rwanda
March 14, 2023